2.27.2009

obliviate

i've recently started watching this show called dollhouse on fox which is about this organization that wipes people's memories so they can start a new life...but not really. after being wiped, these people can be "imprinted" with different personas to serve the various purposes of the incredible wealthy. however, the people, when not imprinted, wander the building aimlessly, with no purpose or personality. they essentially have the mind of a child, a completely clean slate if you will. of course, the "treatment" has all sort of adverse side effects and some of the people go crazy cutting people up and making a bloody mess. basically, its my type of show. in the background, there's some fbi guy trying to discover the dollhouse because there are suspicions of human trafficking. the show is surprisingly interesting, fresh, and very engaging. it's directed by the guy who made buffy and those vampire yadda yadda supernatural shows but it's actually very clever and new. plus, it shows on friday night which means i can actually watch it on a big screen. idk why but fox gives the show special treatment and limits commercials to 60 and 90 secs only! you should watch it. i think it's on hulu, and i saw for the first time, another one of those funny alec baldwin hulu commercials, but this time with the star of dollhouse. exciting.

today's assassin was so nerve wracking. it was so unbelievably stressful being wracked with paranoia at the prospect of someone coming over, snipping my balloons strings, or popping one of my precious balloons. i was planning on going to safeway at 6 and having my parents go down and buy the balloons for me just in case my killer (either andrea or robert! crazy ass power couple) was there waiting. instead, when the time came, my parents, being the kind people they are, decided to let me sleep in and got the balloons for me. in hindsight, i should have sucked it up and gone with them, got my balloons, and waited for the slight chance that my target would go get some balloons in that plaza. shoulda coulda woulda.

im so glad this week is almost over. it's been hell.

laters

No comments:

Post a Comment